Sunday, January 22, 2012

My handy-mandy man

He wants to do them all. He wants to plant the turf-grass, fix the lighting, place the sinks, the plumbing, program the alarm system, anything and almost everything. Perhaps to compensate the inadequacy I perceive in him.
He does not cook like some men do. He never lift a finger to boil water. The best attempt was to make a sunny side up. Neither the non sticky pan nor the egg resembled anything sunny. It was funny though seeing the sticky non sunny outcome.

Moving into the new house gave him a reason to exercise his handy-mandy intends . I do not mind him getting all sweaty and dirty. I think he is pretty good at doing all these. Effective but not efficient. No planning. Just-do-it kinda philosophy. That does not bother the sanguine-me. The implication (of lack of planning ) is what bothers me. And that's where we disconnect.

Uninstalling a 29 inch bathroom sink is not as straightforward as uninstalling this blogspot-android version. Making countless counter clockwise movements to remove the screws from the ceiling is not that fun either.

But them again, do I rob off the satisfaction he gained from seeing all these in place. Sabar je lahh...

No comments:

Post a Comment