Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Idleness Me

Am being a complete sloth today. Oops, correction, not whole day, rather this afternoon and evening. The clothes are still out in the sun (and there is barely sunshine at this hour). Have not even cleared the lunch I had. Sigh. And I have been dreading folding and stashing the 2-day old dried laundry. And the mails have not been cleared (snail mail that is)

P702 is showing a rerun of Downton Abbey. You know that British drama series about the lives of an aristocratic Crawley family and their servants. Not just 2 servants, but .. seems to me, like countless of them. Ok, am exaggerating. I am not sure if the servants, housemaids, butler have enough to do for a family of 5 adults.

But  it would be nice to dream and wonder how it'd be like to have a butler, a cook, a valet, a gardener, housemaids. 
Do not have to lift a finger to switch the TV or for that matter to walk and get the remote controls. 
Do not have to grumble while waiting for the chicken thighs to thaw.
Do not have to sigh, not sure what tudung to wear with which pants/ t-shirts to work.
Do not have to drag myself to drive through the bad-bad traffic.
Do not have to nag to him for not sweeping the fallen leaves on the compound.
Mopping and vacuuming will be a daily activity (not quarterly one)..
Ironing, putting clothes to the machine..separating the colored ones from white ones ..will be done effortlessly.

But came to think about it.. I'd still be complaining of this-has-been-the-3rd-time-the-series-been-shown-on P701/ P553 / etc. I'd probably would be providing a so-called constructive feedback if the dinner is not to  my liking. I would probably be bored for having to provide instructions to an army of workers at home. 

Nah, I'd rather dress on my own. I 'd prefer having a flexibility of doing what I want, when and how I want it (over to doing it for mere respect of others around me). 
Ok, then let me be me, and enjoy my idleness today...





No comments:

Post a Comment