Friday, January 14, 2011

Overcoming Denial (almost!)

Another year in, another year out. It's already Day 58 into 2011 according to the Gregorian calendar. It's the 16th of Safar, 1432 Hijra according to the Muslim's calendar. Soon it'll be the Year of the Rabbit, that marks the Chines new year according to their Lunar calendar. Whatever it is, the fact hits hard -  am not getting any younger!  

Hmm.. still in denial aren't we, using any-younger instead of using the taboo word, getting-older. 
Gimme a break! I am about to admit to the whole-wide-world through the world-wide-web that am no longer in denial
Ok, whatever you say Miss Denial-It-All

I bet am not the only one who have been in denial. Admit it, come on! I bet most of us, who have passed or about to pass that significant numbers - from the 20's to 30's to being 40's reaching 50's - would have stepped into the denial-zone.

Nah, that's not wrinkle, that is just a laugh line.
He's calling me 'Kakak" (older sister)? He looks like he is my age.. 
I don't need the reading glasses; looking at the computer screen whole day made my eyes tired and my visions blur.
 
But the fact of the matter is, age is catching up.  
Those are fine lines which one day will become wrinkles.
And here is my new companion when reading and writing ...

No comments:

Post a Comment