Sunday, January 16, 2011

Catch A Grenade for You!

I hear Bruno Mars latest hit playing on the radio, at least 3 times a day -once in the morning, on my way to work,while at the office (my ears have an auto-tune mode to the piped-in music at office) and once more on my way home. Hmm, came to think of it, I hear the song more than I take my Vitamin C.
......
I’d catch a grenade for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah)
Throw my hand on a blade for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah)
I’d jump in front of a train for ya (yeah, yeah , yeah)
You know I'd do anything for ya


Nothing wrong with the song. I like the beat. I think Bruno Mars sings it well (doesn't hurt the ears!). I suppose the lyrics are interesting (for a lack of a better word).
I guess when you  are in love, the world is a magical place to be.  We think (oh yeah, have been there, done that!) , even perhaps believe, we have the super power to do anything. We are superman who would willingly jump in front of a train (like in Bruno Mars' song). We are Doraemon who would reach into our heart-pocket to give the other person just about anything and everything they ask for or  need.

So, who is capable of loving another soul? I bet, anybody is capable to do so. A 5-year old Daniel is willing to let go a packet of mini Cheese Cracker cos there is none for his little brother (he knows well that the little bro is not as willing as him when it comes to sharing food/ toys). Even Megamind changes from being bad-Mr-Evil to becoming good-Mr-Goodylicious after he falls head over heels with Roxie.

What are we willing to do - in the name of love - for the other soul? My 13-year old niece gave up her reward money - for getting 5As - to be given to her Dad cos she knows he needs the money more. Am sure each of us has our own fair share of what we can and will do in the name of love.

If anybody is capable of loving another soul, then perhaps the question is are we capable of loving  unconditionally? And to what extend are we willing to do to express and demonstrate our loves? Simple questions, but the answers do not come as easy. Not sure about you, but I find it difficult to answer, especially when I relate loving this person I called Mak.
She is still bedridden from the vascular operation. She can still feed herself or dress herself but not strong enough to stand, let alone take a step to the bathroom. So, there's my sis-in-law standing-in/ filling-up my roles in taking care of my Mak. She is doing her daughter-in-law duty with an unconditional love. And me? Staying 165 km away from her, am not doing much as expected, except for financing all expenses incurred and the weekend-duty.. .. Mak, I know you deserve better..

No comments:

Post a Comment