Monday, January 24, 2011

It Was Not Good Friday. It Was a Fried-Day

Being Happy!Finally, Friday was here. But to my disappointment it was not a good day! It was like waking up on the wrong side of the bed. The traffic to work was horrible; there were kancils (Perodua cars, that is) who appeared out of no where, cutting-in right in front of the line that I patiently waited. [Ok, I was loosing my patience actually even before the kancils cut in.]

My HPxxx restarted on its own (twice!) when I was in rush trying to reply a  long-overdue-email! Called the Helpdesk, and my HPxxx acted fine. Made feel look like a fool. Worst thing, had to re-type the messages [Made me wonder if there's someone out there trying to play a practical joke on me]

Meeting with the H-Doctor in the afternoon, was not helping much. I got weary of trying to explain why the data is such-and-such. Worked out the data till after 8pm on Friday evening. Data didn't tally! [Been a while since I left office that late on the eve of weekend]
 

Called kampung to speak to Mak. Abah answered. He was feeling a little bit under the weather. Complained that he's tired, house was in a mess, blah, blah. I just listened, allowing him air-time to vent out his frustration. Continued to drive home wondering what other things might fall out-of-place. After capati with dhal, I sat down holding the Astro-remote, switching from 701 - 710 - 711 - back to 707, ended up with 613. Sigh!

A January 'Calibre' caught my attention. Particularly the article in the 'Last Word' section. A picture of Peng Shulin, referred to as the miracle man in China. Peng Shulin lost his lower body and legs in a horrific accident. He had undergone series of operations over a period of two years, to reroute nearly every major organ and systems in his body.

I looked at my lower limbs - my two legs, my twenty toes. What I had undergone in less than 24 hours were nothing compared to what Peng Shulin had experienced for the past 24 months in hospital. [FYI, he has opened up his own bargain supermarket, Half-Man-Half-Price Store]

To cut a long story - of a day full of crappy things - short, I concluded it was a good Friday, for me. Perhaps my Friday was better compared to Peng Shulin's, and others who were less fortunate.

I could not thank you enough, Ya-Rahim, the Compassionate one, for all the good days that you have blessed me with. It was not a fried-day. It was good Friday.

2 comments:

  1. This is a really nice one. Thanks....sending this first time on blackberry...not sure u'll it. farouk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have twenty toes?

    ReplyDelete