Saturday, January 8, 2011

Not Thanx Givings, but Am Counting My Blessings

A colleague shared a Gratitude-web site that he subscribes to. Everything written there are positive in nature...
Reminded me another friend who once said to me ..When you are feeling down, just think of these..if you drive a car, look at those people who ride motorcycles. If you ride bike, look at those cycling. If you cycle, refer to those who has no transportation, but has to walk.

Am not feeling down-down; just feeling slightly-above-the-ground (aka not that high up in the air).Perhaps I need a walk at the count-your-blessing road. Hmm, to begin with, I am thankful and grateful for ..
* being a Muslim
* the unconditional loves that Mak-Abah gives (for making me be who I am today)
* the constant supports that C.Pewwi provides (even though he is no Mr Perfect and am no Ms Goodall)
* having Enja-Na-Nijam-Alim-MamaSarah and the extended families (to complement the vacant spots in mine)
* having to live in this century (cant imagine being a Neanderthal hunting for food & even more scary ..being chased after as food)
* living in Penang, Malaysia (not in some ulu place somewhere)
* having a permanent job (despite the constant b1tc*1ng of the hard-to-meet-demands-slash-expectations)
* the crazy friends at Mot-Mot who make me appear normal and less lunatic & crazy
* being able to do retail therapy as and when I feel like it (without worrying much of the $$$)
* being able to maintain 42 kg (+ 1kg) for the last decade (ohh.. i need to work on the cholesterol thingy)
* being sane (and not having to plead insanity ...)

Hmm.. I have a lot to be grateful and thankful...

"Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny .." (Sura 55: Ar-Rahman: Ayat 71)


No comments:

Post a Comment